Wednesday 6 May 2009

ILLAMASQUA RED LIPSTICK for SALE

I, like many others across Britain recently decided that I HAD to add Illamasqua's liquid metal in Solstice. I'm not in a city that has a counter nearby so i did what i had to do and jumped on the old Internet and ordered me some up...and then as you do, I got a bit carried away and decided that id quite like a bright pink lipstick to add to the order. After much perusing over online swatches(dangerous, i know) i decided to go for the fabulously fuchsia coloured 'Faust'.
Unfortunately, about 4 days later i then got an email from Illamasqua saying that they had run out of Solstice and it wouldn't be included in my order. Gutted to say the least. I knew this was the stand out item in the Sirens collection so I'm not surprised...but still, when the payment goes through you tend to think that its yours.
Without the lure of the Liquid metal I decided to cancel my whole order on the basis that i would rather get myself over to Glasgow to swatch some lipsticks in person but i was told that the order has already been dispatched. Oh well, I can hardly view it as a negative when i have a lippie winging its way to my flat...
...Which i received this morning. Ripping of the packaging i was really disappointed to find that in real life Faust is not the fabulous fuchsia that I had wanted but is in fact a (really gorgeous) true red. Now don't get me wrong i love red lips...but because of this i already own way more red lipsticks than any burlesque dancer could ever get through. Red is the one colour i DON'T need more of. What makes me more upset is that the online swatch, while never that reliable bears absolutely no resemblance to the true red that i received. (the actual colour is very slightly darker that my camera showed it)

So Ive decided to sell this little beauty. Its a true red so will suit anyone and everyone, has been swatched once and never worn. Illamasqua retail these for £14 but I'm selling this for £12 postage and packaging included.

So go on lovely bloggers, leave me a comment if your interested in bringing out your inner burlesquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment